Allotment Saviour

St Saviour's on Hanley Road is a striking church with a lot of wasted space around it. 

This is the first step to fixing that: 


Bags of soil in front of the church


being turned into mini allotments for Tollington residents.


What happens next no-one quite knows. I spoke to a helpful man (I've forgotten his name - bad me) who was setting up the wooden frames and who thought there might be a plan to turn the much bigger space behind the church either into allotments or into a children's play area.

There's a lot of play areas round here (off the top of my head Wray Crescent, Fibsbury Park, the Andover Estate, Landseer Road, Cornwallis Adventure Playground all have one or more) so I'd vote for allotments even though plants keel over and die as soon as they see me.

Thoughts? 
You have just read the article entitled Allotment Saviour. Please read the article from The Road To Promise About http://theroadtopromise.blogspot.com/2013/06/allotment-saviour.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Road To Promise