Oh my fruiterer and my greengrocer, long ago, long ago.

Once upon a time Blackall's the greengrocer was next door to W. Plumb the butcher.  

Image thanks to Sludgegulper on Flickr.
London switched over from the 01 telephone numbers in 1990 and the sign says 'established over 100 years'. Blackall's must have opened in 1890 at the latest.


This is what the shop looks like now. It is not an improvement. I wonder if the old sign survives underneath?
You have just read the article entitled Oh my fruiterer and my greengrocer, long ago, long ago.. Please read the article from The Road To Promise About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://theroadtopromise.blogspot.com/2012/05/oh-my-fruiterer-and-my-greengrocer-long.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Road To Promise